Ed2Go CTP Complete Project Manager with CAPM #391
Online Project Management Training
Project Management Certification Preparation
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) and the Project Management Professional (PMP®) are the leading credentials for project managers across a variety of industries. This 100% online course will teach you the fundamentals of project management based on the Project Management Institute's (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide®). By course completion, you will be fully prepared for the CAPM and PMP certifications exams and be well versed in the concepts and procedures of professional project management.
Job Outlook for Project Managers
- According to a study of the job markets in 11 countries by the Anderson Economic Group (AEG), worldwide demand for project managers is expected to grow by 33% by 2027. That translates to a need for up to 22 million new project management professionals.
- Many organizations expect a significant shortage of project management talent for the same time period. The automotive healthcare, infrastructure development, and green technologies industries may experience especially acute talent gaps.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), project coordinators and managers earn an average of $67,280 per year. Project managers with specialized technical skills command salaries in excess of $100,000 per year, according to the PMI.
Project Management FAQs
WHAT DOES PROJECT MANAGEMENT INVOLVE?
Generally, a "project" is a sequence of activities that results in a specific outcome, achievement or commodity. Project managers organize, launch and manage the people, processes, and resources that combine to create successful projects. Project managers may oversee the development of new or refreshed products, processes, or business centers.
IS CERTIFICATION NECESSARY FOR A PROJECT MANAGEMENT CAREER?
Certification designates a project manager as a dedicated professional who has undertaken a disciplined course of study and approaches their work in an organized and efficient manner. Data from the Project Management Institute indicates that holders of its PMP® designation earn on average $10,000 per year more than their non-certified counterparts.
WHAT ARE THE BEST CERTIFICATIONS FOR PROJECT MANAGERS?
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) and the Project Management Professional (PMP®) from the PMI are considered the premiere qualifications for project management professionals.
WHAT ARE THE LEADING INDUSTRIES FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT CAREERS?
Although nearly every industry needs project managers, technology, construction, manufacturing, professional services, energy, and healthcare are especially strong sectors for project management careers.
- Understand the foundations of project management
- Learn to execute a project from start to finish
- Apprehend common project management processes and terminology
- Create project-driven budgets and timelines
- Predict and prevent risks
- Follow concepts from The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Prepare to meet or exceed the educational prerequisites for the CAPM certification
Mastering Project Management with PMP® Prep
- Learn advanced project management concepts and definitions
- Understand project selection and proposal processes
- Know how to evaluate projects and take appropriate next steps
- Know how to select, plan, execute, control and complete projects
- Prepare to take and pass the Project Management Institute PMP® certification exam
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION
- PROJECT INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT SCOPE MANAGEMENT
- ROJECT TIME MANAGEMENT
- DETERMINING / MANAGING PROJECT COSTS
- PROJECT QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT RISK MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- FINAL EXAM
Nikki Choyce, PMP has been involved in the project management field for almost 20 years and has worked as a consultant and trainer for much of that time. She is a Project Management Professional (PMP) and very active in the project management community. She has worked in a variety of industries, including Information Technology, Insurance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Aerospace, Construction, and Telecommunications. She has worked with Microsoft Project for over 10 years.
Erica Kirwan has more than 15 years of experience in process and project management. Previously, Kirwan served as Senior Project Manager for a Fortune 200 financial services company. She earned an Advanced Project Management Certification from Stanford University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and a Master of Public Administration.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.