Simplilearn: Project Management Specialist
Project Management Specialist
The PMP certification is the global gold standard for project management professionals.Keep abreast of the changes in the project management practices updated in PMBOK guide - 6th edition and pass the PMP® exam on your first attempt with Simplilearn's PMP new course. The course covers new trends, emerging practices, tailoring considerations, and has a greater emphasis on strategic and business knowledge and a new section on the role of the project manager.
For exclusive 3-day access to a product demo, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address in the body of the email.
Project Management Specialist Course Description
PMP stands for Project Management Professional (PMP). PMP Certification, offered by the Project Management Institute(PMI), is an industry-recognized credential for project managers. PMP certification demonstrates the project manager's experience, knowledge, skills, and competencies required to lead and direct projects.
By the end of this online training you will be able to:
- Understand modern project management tools such as work breakdown structure, resource allocation, Gant charts, mathematical project scheduling models, project cost estimating, cost management and engineering economics.
- Develop a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques and adapting your approach to the context and constraints of projects.
- Deliver projects on scope, on time and on budget.
- Cultivate the people skills, trust, and leadership necessary to meet project requirements.
- Earn the required 35 PDUs to take the PMP certification exam
Agile Scrum Master
This course will enable you to:
- Become proficient in Scrum terminologies and their applications
- Facilitate daily scrums, user stories, sprint planning, and sprint reviews
- Capable of producing different Scrum artifacts, including the product backlog, sprint backlog, finished deliverables, and the definition of done
- Implement a distributed Scrum over teams spread across geographies
- Grow into a Scrum Master role with any organization implementing Scrum
- Setup and handle projects on a JIRA cloud site
- Apply best practices crucial for getting the maximum value from the Scrum methodology
Microsoft Project 2013
Microsoft Project 2013 is one of the most highly sought-after certifications for professional project management. Simplilearn's MS Project certification training will train you to:
- Manage projects from start to finish using the Microsoft Project 2013 application
- Manage resources and assignments within a project
- Track the project progress using various key features
- Create a task-based schedule for each project
- Follow schedules precisely and manage conflicts quickly
- Share project information and create reports
- Manage budgets and anticipate risk
The online Project Management Specialist program is comprised of the following mandatory module:
- PMP Certification
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Agile ScrumMaster
The course covers new trends, emerging practices, tailoring considerations, and has a greater emphasis on strategic and business knowledge and a new section on the role of the project manager.
Our hands-on training approach, entrusted by 52,000 learners, will help you to understand the workings of the five process groups and 10 knowledge areas defined by the PMBOK Guide - Sixth Edition. We guarantee you'll walk away with all the preparation and confidence you need to conquer the exam and earn the PMP certification.
Lesson One: Introduction to PMP
Lesson Two: Professional and Social Responsibility
Lesson Three: Project Management Framework
Lesson Four: Project Management Process
Lesson Five: Project Integration Management
Lesson Six: Project Scope Management
Lesson Seven: Project Schedule Management
Lesson Eight: Project Cost Management
Lesson Nine: Project Quality Management
Lesson Ten: Project Resource Management
Lesson Eleven: Project Communications Management
Lesson Twelve: Project Risk Management
Lesson Thirteen: Project Procurement Management
Lesson Fourteen: Project Stakeholder Management
Lesson Fifteen: Appendix PMP List of Knowledge and Skills
Our Agile ScrumMaster training will position you to be an evangelist and champion in the Agile adoption journey for your organization.You’ll learn the key concepts of Agile as a project management approach, discover how to lead project management teams, develop and deliver high quality products, and implement the best practices in your organization.
Agile is a project management approach that is well suited for projects that are complex and uncertain, and more than 50 percent of Agile projects use Scrum, making it the most popular Agile method. This course will help you build the requisite skills in Agile and Scrum. With the practical application of Agile methodologies through hands-on projects on JIRA, you will be able to maximize business value while mitigating potential risks.
Introduction: Course Overview
Lesson One: Agile Way of Thinking
Lesson Two: Other Agile Frameworks
Lesson Three: Scrum Events and Artifacts
Lesson Four: Scrum Roles
Lesson Five: Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring and Control
Lesson Six: Agile on Complex Projects
Lesson Seven: Adopting Agile
Microsoft Project 2013 Course
You will receive in-depth instruction on managing project plans, tasks and resources, as well as project progress sharing, advanced task scheduling, project troubleshooting, and creating customized reporting views. The MS Project training course will show you how to execute processes seamlessly and deliver projects on time. In addition, you will receive an update on new Microsoft Project features, since this tool is always evolving and growing. You will even gain some hands-on experience working with the Microsoft Project application thanks to the demos provided in the course. Successfully completing the entire training will ensure your ability to manage and deliver complex projects efficiently from start to finish.
The Microsoft Project 2013 course will cover:
Introduction: Overview of Microsoft Project 2013
Lesson One: Basics of Microsoft Project 2013
Lesson Two: Creating a Project Plan
Lesson Three: Project Tasks
Lesson Four: Project Resources
Lesson Five: Tracking Project Progress
Lesson Six: Advanced Task Scheduling
Lesson Seven: Reporting and Troubleshooting
Lesson Eight: Customizing Views
Lesson Nine: Sharing Project Information
Lesson Ten: Resource Pooling and Consolidation
Lesson Eleven: New Features in Microsoft Project 2013
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess word processing and internet skills.
- Be fluent in the English language (including reading and writing).
- Have a familiarity with computers, how online programs work, and comfort in using them.
- Possess reliable internet access and a valid email account. (Personal email accounts are preferred as they are less likely to trigger fire walls and spam filters.)
- Meet the computer technical requirements specifications listed on this site.
- Pay tuition in full.
- Test drive the program! Send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address in the body of the email. A password will be sent via email granting time-limited access to the product demo.
Admission is discretionary. The office of Community Education and SMC Extension, requires students be at least 18 years of age and meet minimum suitability standards. Students are not matriculated Santa Monica College students and student privileges do not apply to Communiy Education and Extension students.
Santa Monica College Community Education and SMC Extension reserves the exclusive right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to withhold registration or require withdrawal from the program of any student or applicant.
The materials used in this course, including video lessons, workbooks, quizzes and tests, are copyrighted. They are intended for individual use by registered students. Unauthorized or illegal use, or attempted unauthorized or illegal use, of these materials may result in a suspension and/or cancellation of the user's account.
Step 1: Complete Required Modules
- PMP Certification
- Agile ScrumMaster
- Microsoft Project 2013
Step 2: Attain a minimum score of 80% on the final assessment test.
Quizzes and Testing
The quizzes located throughout each module test students' knowledge to help prepare them for the cumulative test at the end of each course. Quizzes are not graded assignments, but they will help students determine their level of understanding prior to taking the final assessment for each module.During this time, students may access other modules and continue their learning.
One graded test per course or sub-course is required, and students must pass with at least 80% accuracy. Tests are timed and are in a multiple choice format. Students will receive their grade upon completion of each test. Students may attempt the module quizzes as many times as they like, but after three final test attempts they must request additional attempts individually.
The following minimum technical requirements are supported*:
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, 1GB RAM, Flash player 11
- Mac OS X, 1GB RAM, Flash player 11
- iOS 8, Android 4 (for apps)
Students must also have the following:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Reliable internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 1Mpbs (typical DSL is 1.5 to 6Mbs) and web browser (Firefox, Chrome or Safari)
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
*Course materials, such as streaming video lessons, are generally accessible via smart phones, but some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Other devices such as Blackberries may not be supported.
Technical questions should be directed to our affiliate, Simplilearn, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours of support are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, Pacific Time. Technical support issues submitted prior to 2:00 pm Monday through Friday will typically be handled the same day, and in most cases no later than the next business day.
Registration is ongoing; therefore students can begin the program when it is convenient for them!
Note: our enrollment/registration system is a separate external system from that used for your online training and therefore access to online materials is not an automated process upon your registration and subsequent payment. Please allow a time delay of up to 5 business days to receive details via email regarding online access. This delay will not impact your "allotted" completion time for the program.
To enroll and receive program access:
- Register for this program
- Pay in full
- Upon completing the first three requirements, expect to receive within five (5) business days an email with login instructions.
- (Please note personal email accounts are preferred as they are less likely to trigger fire walls and spam filters)
- Once you receive your access email you are able to log in and begin your coursework.
- Please note your 180-days of access begins on the date the access email is sent to you.
- There is a calendar within the learning system to assist you with keeping track of time remaining in your access window to complete the program.
Register by Phone at 310-434-3402 during our business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Time).
Who should take this Course?
The PMP certification is an essential professional requirement for senior project manager roles across all industries. The course is best suited for:
- Project Managers
- Associate/Assistant Project Managers
- Team Leads/Team Managers
- Project Executives/Project Engineers
- Software Developers
- Any professional aspiring to be a Project Manager
How long do students have access to this online program?
Students will have access to this program for 180-days from the date the access email is sent from SMC Community Education.
How long does the program take to complete?
It will take about 76 hours to complete the Project Management Specialist course certification successfully. it is recommended that students commit between 5 and 10 hours per week to the coursework. Students should plan to begin their studies immediately upon being granted access.
What are the PMP Certification eligibility requirements?
The eligibility requirements for PMP® certification are:
|Education||Project Management Experience||Project Management Education|
|Nongraduates||5 years/7500 hours||35 hours|
|Graduates||3 years/4500 hours||35 hours|
PMI, PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP have registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
What projects will I complete as part of the course?
This course has six industry-based projects that cover various concepts and scenarios. Topics covered include:
- Scope Management
- Schedule and Cost Management
- Risk assessment and Procurement Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Risk Assessment
- Agile Techniques
Why Get a PMP® Certification?
The PMP® certification greatly expands your skills value and potential job opportunities. Recognized globally, a PMP® can help you land lucrative roles in IT, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, and other exciting industries. Certified PMP®'s also report better project performance and steep pay raises.
Read more about top "Reasons to get a PMP® Certification" written by our PMP® subject matter experts.
For general FAQ-type questions on our Simplilearn online courses, visit General Program Questions.
Project Management and Agile Expert, Consultant, Author
Jeff Allen is a highly-regarded project management and Agile expert with more than 15 years of experience at large companies like Compaq and HP. As an Agile Coach, he has mentored over 5000 professionals globally.
Please note that the monthly mentoring webinars and Q&A forum features are monitored by industry subject matter experts.
Java Traning Instructors: All our trainers are certified and are highly qualified, with more than 10 years of experience in implementing Java.
Payment is due in full upon registration.
There are no books required for this program. Study guides for each module will be available for self-download.
Do you have a group, SMC or non-SMC entity, interested in training?
Contact the Program Manager at 310-434-3402 for details.
Refunds for Online Courses
There are no refunds or cancellations for online courses.
A one-time 10 day extension may be granted to students who demonstrate in writing (via email to email@example.com) the reason required to complete the program. Requests will be considered by the Program Manager and a response will be delivered via email. It is at the discretion of the Program Manager to determine if the situation warrants an extension.
If an extension is granted the student must complete the program within 10 days of receiving approval by email. No further extensions will be granted. If a student cannot finish the program within that extension window, and desires to finish the program, they will be responsible for purchasing the program again in its entirety at full tuition.
Course fees and expenses are sometimes tax deductible. Please consult an accountant concerning this matter. Not-for-credit programs at SMC Extension do not generate 1098-T forms in accordance with IRS guideline.
If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
AT A GLANCE
- Class Dates: Open
- Duration: 180 Days
- Delivery: Online,
- Tuition: $999
To register or to receive more information about this program, please contact the Program Manager
at 310-434-3402 or email at email@example.com.
Class: Project Management Specialist
"Simplilearn's PMP training brought numerous concepts together in a "simple" and cohesive package. I highly recommend Simplilearn's PMP training even if you don't plan to sit for the PMP exam."
Business Strategist at Healthcare Transformation Partners